"Let's work on the area in front of the guest bathroom" my husband said on Monday afternoon.
A little bit of mudding, patching, painting, cutting trim, painting. It's easy peasy.
Turns out that instead of doing this one wall, we ended up doing the whole hallway.
|This was the one wall we planned on working on.|
So Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday were spent fixing the hallway. With Christmas music in the background, we worked on fixing the hallway. I have realized that I often paint while listening to Christmas music. Even though it is still early in the season, it created the perfect mood for renovation.
Don't judge my messy laundry closet.
Due to the coldness of the garage, I setup painting the trim and baseboard in the dining room and in the hallway on saw horses. It worked out pretty well.
By Saturday, we have a finished hallway. Pretty.
Don't look too closely at the mitered corners.
And here is the wall that started it all - all fixed up.
The only thing we had to buy was rollers. Each roller costs $4.00. A hefty change. Everything else we had, including the paint for the wall. For the wall above - we had to strain the paint because there were a lot of gunk in it - so I took my mother-in-law's stockings and cut the leg off and used it to strain the paint through. For the other walls - we used the same color as the living room, because we still had a can of it - Sherwin Williams Greek Villa SW 7551. I love this white color. It is a beautiful white. Not too white and not too beige. I think it's the perfect white.
Our next project will be a big one. Hopefully hubby will start on that really soon. It's more involve and scarier.
Quilt & Bitch.