Wednesday, September 12, 2018

'Nuf Said :: I Don't Care

September 12 2018,


Can anyone hear me out there?

Ugh... the things I want to write... the frustrations I am going through right now with my quilt guild... it's all bull shit. I have moved on, why can't you move on? I am NOT the only one who makes the decision, even though it may look that way...

Can you hear me? We don't have to be friends... we just have to work together.. that's all. Yes you were voted in, and so was I, wonderful. No one wants the job, and we were suckers. You don't have to like me, I don't have to like you...let's just do what's good for the organization.

All this B.S. politics is time consuming and annoying. I am going to ignore it and continue forward. You can talk crap about me behind my back... and that's fine. I have not done anything wrong. People will stand up for me, because they know me. I CARE for the organization.

My priority is not you, it's not me, it's the organization. I put in an average of 8 hours a week for this organization for the past year... I don't get paid, it's all heart and sweat. I am capable - I have proven it for the past year. Ask anyone. Let me just finish this one year and you can do whatever you wish.

... yes I just had a board meeting... but the board meeting wasn't the problem, it was everything else before that, and everything after this that is going to happen. The forming of alliance, the whispers behind the back, the emails and the text back and forth, the phone call from the last President to me last night... I'm not stupid. Yeah, I was a sucker and I did play the game, forming my own alliances but I'm done. Bring in all the past Presidents you want, I don't care. Have them all talk to me and tell me how stupid I was, and how it hurt your feelings. I did not make the decision myself. It was a decision to make sure the organization moves forward...

Onwards.

Quilt & Bitch

2 comments:

linda said...

Obviously you do care because you spent time writing this and you chose to post it on social media for all to see. On the one hand it seems a less than productive way to deal with conflict. But then I feel bad for you because conflict is a natural part of life and being able to not take it as a personal insult makes for a tough life.., Posting on social media ... be courageous and instead of trying to get support/satisfaction/revenge or whatever you are looking for on a public forum - address those you are unhappy with directly.

Quilt+Bitch said...

I agree Linda, it is less productive, and yes I do care. It was silly and childish of me. Thanks for your insight.