Monday, November 26, 2018

October 2018 Field Trip Around Town

November 26 2018,

It's been a while since I've posted. I'm sorry, I have been lazy.

Following up on the month of October, Laura and I went to Fog x Flo, part of the 20th anniversary of the Emerald Necklace.

There were 5 sites, and we ended up going to 3 out of the 5 sites.





Interestingly, the first stop in Fenway, Fog x Canopy, we came across a parking sign below. It was Saturday.


After reading the sign over and over again, what is your conclusion on whether we can park there? Luckily we did not get a ticket. That's Boston for you.

Next stop was Illuminus Boston. It was a lightshow for two nights in downtown Boston.

Below, Shatterproof by Teresita Cochran, and that's her on the left.


Below was called Heart Hug.



 "New American Scolar" by JennyMae Kho was exceptionally touching.







 Below "Antipode Tunnel".


"me(n)w(o)me(n)" by Max Schaffer


 "Play" by Stephanie Houten


"Play" is an interactive installation with audience participation.


 Below is one by Black Math called "Digital Playground".



Below are the controls for the above projection.


Next stop was  the deCordova Sculpture Park and Museum. I had tried to go to the Yayoi Kusama "Where the Lights in My Heart Go" exhibition for a month. When I found out about it, every time I wanted to go, it was rained out. Then the museum closed the installation for "maintenance" from October 1 - 18. Umph. Not happy. Finally on the second to last day of the exhibition, I was able to go. Note that the last day was closed, because it was rained out. Lucky me.

This was the line. It wasn't that long. We were allowed only 1 minute in the room.







Below is the actual box that the installation takes place. I discovered Yayoi Kusama only a few months ago, and I am obsessed.



Next stop was the MFA. I focused mainly on the "Making Modern" exhibition.



















































This art below is interesting. It is so brilliant. I love it. You can arrange the canvases which way you want to. Isn't that neat?





Well that's all folks. Hope ya'll had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Quilt & Bitch

No comments: