Saturday, October 5, 2019

Vermont Quilt Festival :: June 2019 (Part 1)

October 5 2019,

Long overdue. Here are pictures from Vermont Quilt Festival from this past June.

Again, there were many beautiful quilts.


When I saw this quilt in person, I suggested that RoseMary put it into the quilt show. I helped her submit it into the show, and she received a third place ribbon. Congrats RoseMary.  RoseMary is a member of the same quilt guild that I am in.



Tricia is also in the same quilt guild that I am in.





This quilt is one of my absolute favorite in the quilt show. Absolutely magnificent. Megan Farkas has a lot of award winning quilts.

















I was very attracted to this quilt. I think the colors and the shapes made it for me and the balance of solids and printed fabrics.










This is the front of the quilt.


This is the back of the quilt.


This is her label.






I bought this fabric when I first started quilting. I think my nephew was about 8 years ago, and he is 24 now. I actually remember hand quilting it. Wow. Flashback.


























This quilt won best in show. She took the same bus that I was on and I got a chance to talk to her. She actual said that as she was piecing all the little pieces, she thought about me and all the little pieces that I do. Oh my, was I flattered.


She says she doesn't teach, and all her quilts are of original design. She is one quilter that will be winning more awards soon.























I was very attracted to this quilt. The red is absolutely red.






















Another one of my favorite quilter and quilts in the show, Ann Feitelson. Her quilts are simple, yet well thought out, and her colors always work well together. Love her work.








Stay tuned for part 2 of VQF.

Quilt & Bitch

No comments: