Tuesday, March 17, 2020

'Nuf Said :: Tweedle-Dee, Tweedle Dum

March 17 2020,



These few months have been scary. I have been more anxious than normal. But thanks to hubby, he keeps me grounded. He talks me through my worries and make sure that I understand that there is no need to panic.

Over the last few years, I have been couponing. This means if there is a good sale with a coupon, I would stock up on things. Every year at BJs during Black Friday, they would have a $5.00 coupon for both Bounty and Charmin toilet paper. So every year, I have been buying one every year. This past year, I did the same thing.

As people started going to stores and hoarding paper towels, toilet paper and cleaning supplies, I realized that I was already hoarding paper towels and toilet paper without realizing it. So we are all set in that department. What I didn't realize we needed was the disinfectant wipes. There was a lot of good deals in December, where wipes were really cheap - I didn't jump on that, because I didn't think we needed it. Oh well.

So we are not technically hoarding or stockpiling on things. There is just the two of us, so we don't need that much stuff.

Hubby keeps telling me that supply side is still there, so there is no need to go crazy and start buying everything on the shelf. Just buy what we need when you see it.

Having a personality of being anxious and uneasiness doesn't help me in this situation. I try to not get myself in a situation where there is too many people around me or things that could trigger an anxiety attack. I have never liked crowds, confusion, and uncertainty, so times like these are trying times.

What I have learned about myself in the past month is that I am a Highly Sensitive Person (HSP). So things are louder for me than a normal person. I prefer the lights dimmed, I don't like concerts, loud people scare me, and I can sense things that other people may not be able to feel or sense. Here is an interesting video that I stumbled across that explains what a HSP is.


So, in these trying times, please reach out to friends and family that you can trust. Have a circle of friends that have your back and can do things for you if need be. Reach out to friends who are elderly who may need help grocery shopping, pick up prescription, or other small things that they cannot do. Keep on checking on friends and feeling their temperature.

Times like these, we need to listen more.

Stay safe all and stay healthy.

Quilt & Bitch

No comments: