Sunday, March 22, 2020

Open Studio... From Last Year

March 22 2020,

I''m still catching up on things that I should have blogged about last year, but never did. Here's another one.

Last October, my town had an open studio which I participated in. I was the only quilter in town that was exhibiting, so we got a good amount of traffic. My dear friend Laura opened her house and allowed me to display my quilts for open studio.


Laura does mix media art. The two pieces below on the right of the quilt is hers. The artwork is made out of vintage book covers.


Below are table mats and trivets that I made specifically for the open studios, I still have them.


This was a big hit. These are quilts that I mounted on 12 x 12 canvases. I took a workshop and came out with painted canvases. I assembled it with solid Kona fabrics and quilted it.







These two quilts were not documented. These two are called Jazz Lingo and something else. Fortunately, it got sold, unfortunately, my brain is not working and can't seem to remember the name of the quilt. These two were mounted on 12 x 12 canvas.


Quilt & Bitch

No comments: