Lunch was lemon pepper pappardelle pasta with grilled zucchini, squash and onions. You can find the pasta at Trader Joe's. A 8 oz package costs $1.99. This can feed 3 people comfortably, even though the package does not look that big.
This meal is not at all hard or intensive.
- Set your oven rack to the highest point in the oven
- Preheat oven to broil at 400 degrees ferenheit
- Start with 2 zucchinis, 2 squash and 1/2 an onion (you can use more or less of each).
- Cut up the vegetables in big chunks on a bias
- Coat the vegetables generously with olive oil
- Put vegetables, excluding the onions onto a baking pan
- Broil for approximately 15 minutes
- In the mean time, cook the pasta according to the directions on the package
- After 15 minutes, turn each of the vegetables over and combine the onion
- If you have parmesan cheese, sprinkle the cheese over the vegetables (instead of using salt)
- Put back the pan in the oven for another 10 - 15 minutes. Watch the oven carefully because it might burn if you are not careful
- Once the pasta and vegetables are done, toss them together
Quilt & Bitch