Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Go Green!

October 7, 2009

I finally got into a local quilting group which had a waiting list of two years. This local quilting group is relatively large and known around the world.

We were presented with a quilt challenge which is due in May 2010.

Some background about the challenge. The maximum size for the quilt is 20" x 20". There will be a silent auction for these quilts and proceeds will go to three non-profit groups.

I have been wrecking my brains out, and can't seem to figure what to do. I've thought about those modern wind mills... but I threw it out because I thought it would be boring.

I saw a picture on iStockphoto <-- click for image, which I love and it would be something I could duplicate easily. With copyright rules etc. I am worried about using it. So I am back to the drawing board. Two questions: 1. Do you think I can use the image of the footprint found on iStockphoto? Should I just purchase the rights?

**Update :: October 8, 2009 :: I consulted a friend in the industry, and she said that there would not be a copyright issue. But to be on the safe side, I should buy the image anyway for the time and effort of the creator. So if I can't think of other design, by January 2010, I think I'll just be non-creative and use somebody elses design. **

**Update :: October 8, 2009 :: 9:27 PM :: I can't believe it, but OMGWTF bought the image for me because she had credits from iStockphoto. Thank OMGWTF, you shouldn't have. **
2. Any other creative ideas for a quilt that explains "Go Green!"?

Quilt & Bitch

No comments: