Monday, June 28, 2010

Consistently Late

June 28, 2010

Why am I surrounded by people who are consistently late? Most of the time, hubby has no concept of what it means to be on time. A friend of mine is always late. I on the other hand, am usually on time or early.

Two weekends ago, my friend and I had a lunch date. She scheduled it for 11:15. At 11:15, I received a call saying she was running late, and that she was still at home. She showed up twenty minutes later.

I find that people who are consistently have no control over this. They procrastinate. I find it a selfish behavior and very disrespectful. Is my friend and hubby being disrespectful and selfish for always being late?

A very long time ago, at a far far away land, I took ballet lessons. One afternoon, my mother forgot to pick me up. I waited and waited for 2 hours and finally had the courage to borrow some change from the ballet school to make a phone call to the office. Finally, after three hours, after all the students and the staff were long gone, my mother picked me up. Instead of being sorry, I got an earful for not having called her earlier. Yes she was late, but what I learnt from this was, always have enough change with me to make a phone call or two or three.

Quilt & Bitch

2 comments:

omgwtf said...

You're Asian... you are naturally on time. :-)

With certain friends, I just schedule things a half-hour earlier, knowing that they will be a half-hour late.

Quilt+Bitch said...

I've tried doing that, but my brain does not allow me to do that. I would feel guilty if they were there and I was late. It's weird.