Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Eat, Pray, Love

April 20 2011,

I love this movie, it makes me happy. It has all the elements of happiness. My favorite part is the last third of movie, where it takes place in Bali. Ketut is my favorite character. I am glad that the characters in the movie did not try to speak Indonesian, they would probably have butchered it. The one time Julia Roberts spoke in Indonesian was to say "Thank you", which is "Terima Kasih".

Bali is beautiful, peaceful, harmonious. The people there are very friendly and spirtual. 98% of the population in Bali are Hindu, which is opposite from Indonesia, where 98% of the population are Muslims. One day, we'll retire there.

Below are images of Bali when hubby and I visited there.

Sunset at Tanah Lot



Goa Gajah (Elephant Cave)


Goa Gajah (Elephant Cave)

A Balinese dancer

A view of Bali from the mountain

 Quilt & Bitch

2 comments:

omgwtf said...

warm (tropical) fuzzies :-)

Quilt+Bitch said...

I would reword "Warm" to "Hot". "Hot (tropical) fuzzies".