Thanks to p00lriah, I have the list of new words. They are available here.
Here are some of my favorite words from the new list, items in red are my thoughts / reactions to them.
- SOZ - short for sorry
- I wonder how one would use it in a sentence. How would you use the word "soz" in a sentence?
- GRRL - as in RIOT GRRL, a young woman who plays or enjoys an aggressively feminist style of punk rock music.
- MILF - a sexually attractive middle-aged woman
- I think this is an abbreviation for something else that is totally not appropriate for me to spell it out. But here's a link to Wikipedia for the full definition for those of you who are interested.
- SLEB - (slang) a celebrity
- VLOG = a blog using the medium of video
- I wonder if the word "blog" is in the scrabble dictionary
- BIACH - (slang) a bitch
- Maybe I should rename this blog as "Quilt and Biach", what 'cha think?
- DOOCE - to dismiss (an employee) for unguarded remarks published on the Internet
- For those of you who do Face Book or My Space - be careful or you might get dooce by your employer if you say the wrong thing.
- KOGAL - (Japanese) a teenage girl or woman noted for her busy social life and her purchase of expensive designer clothes and accessories
- I wonder if the definition means a Japanese teenage girl or woman or does the definition mean that the origination of the word is Japanese. Can I call somebody who is not Japanese a kogal?
I have no idea if I cited the above correctly, but it's cited.
According to the news, the reasoning for these new words / slang is so it attracts the younger generation to play Scrabble. I think that's just a bunch of bull-cack (cack is also a new word in the dictionary which means faeces, rubbish).
What do you think?
Quilt & Biach