Friday, December 23, 2011

Getting Older

December 23 2011,

Getting older is tough. I had a birthday last month and I think the mid life crisis is hitting me very hard. Last weekend, we went to our niece's Bat Mitsvah , and the feeling older symptom crept up again. I remember when she was just a baby crawling on the floor. Now she is all grown up.

Have you seen how these 13 year old dress lately for a party? Very short skirts with high heels. Isn't a Bat Mitzvah suppose to be a religious occasion? Cover those legs young girls!

For me, getting older includes getting bigger. At this time of the year, where food is at an abundance, I have to be careful about eating, and eating properly. The temptations are all there in front of me, so I have to be more careful with stuffing my face.

In my younger years, people have always envied me and my ability to eat anything and be able to digest it without gaining any weight, due to my high metabolism. It is not the case now. People often ask, "Where do you put all that you're eating?"

I went to the doctor's yesterday for a yearly physical exam. I gained two pounds over the year. Not too bad, but two pounds a year is still a lot.

I'm not feeling sorry for myself, but trying to become more aware of these changes as I am slowly getting older.

Merry Christmas to all, and have a safe and festive season.

Quilt & Bitch

1 comment:

p00lriah. said...

Merry Christmas q+b!!