Saturday, December 3, 2011

Out With The Old...

December 3 2011,

... and in with the new.

I am on a small cleaning spree. I gave away my cooking books, 17 of them, the old digital hand me down camera, and reupholstered two bar stools all through Freecycle. I feel so much lighter, and the house feels lighter too.


Hubby says giving away the cooking books is sacrilegious. Who needs cooking books when you can get recipes online? I have a collection of recipes that I have compiled, and they are safely on the computer. All I kept were two cooking books, The Joy of Cooking and The Fannie Farmer Cookbook. Truth be told, I have not used a single recipe out of these two books. I guess, when it's my turn to do Thanksgiving, I might just have to crack one of these open. I have my fingers crossed that Thanksgiving does not ever end up at our house 

So for the two bar stools that we got, we reupholstered them.  All you need is a staple gun and staples. We used 1/2" staples because the 1/4" did not go through to the wood. We used vinyl for the fabric. We wrapped the vinyl fabric on top of the original one and stapled away.



  
Old Fabric
New Fabric
Back of stool


New to us bar stools

Quilt & Bitch

2 comments:

p00lriah. said...

i typically don't give away my books personally; i'd get an extra copy for gift purposes. but since you already have the recipes it's not a bad thing to make space. :)

cool upholstering job btw.

Quilt+Bitch said...

I figured since I haven't cracked the books open for at least 2 years, I probably won't ever open it.

Total cost was about $25.00, the fabric was expensive even though it was vinyl. Weird.