Thursday, March 28, 2013

Got my MIA quilts back

March 28 2013,

I finally got my two Hummingbird quilts back from the quilter in New Hampshire after a surprise visit from me.

I had been monitoring her facebook account for days, and she happened to mention that she had the house to herself all day. So I decided to drive up to New Hampshire and ask her what was up with the quilts.

Here is the whole history.

I dropped the quilts on September 12, 2012 and spoke with her face to face on the quilting design. She wrote on the slip that the "Targeted Completion Date: End of Nov".

On December 3, 2012, I emailed her and asked her the status of the two quilts, and no response. Again on December 12, 2012, I emailed her again, and no response.

On January 2, 2013 she wrote:
Good afternoon,
I had to take some time off to attend to a serious family illness. I'm back to work and will have your quilts done by the end of the month. Will that work for you?
 I replied back and said that it was fine.

On February 15, 2013, I wrote to her asking for the quilts, no response.

Between March 4, 2013 - March 11, 2013, I made four phone calls and left messages.

On March 10, 2013 and March 11, 2013, I sent her two emails. She finally responded on March 11, 2013.

Your quilts will be done..... I am well into I think #1 with time allotted in my schedule for #2. You will be pleased, not to mention relieved to have them finally done. Thank you for your patience.
On March 26, 2013 - March 27, 2013 I called her four times and left her two messages, no response.

So today I drove up to the quilter's place and knocked on her door. I expressed my frustration with her for not having the quilts back. She said she has been sick. At this point I did not take any pity on her. She said that she can get one done by this Saturday, and the second one done by April 2nd, 2013. I said fine, and had her write down on a piece of paper the date and had her signed it.

I drove away.

After driving for two miles, I made a U-turn and returned to her place, asking for the quilts back.

During those two miles, I had time to think and review what she had said through the emails. She had said that she was "well into I think #1". Actually she had not started on it yet. Also, why would I want to give her credit and money on the quilting when I am not satisfied with the whole process?

So I took my quilts and called another long arm quilter and said I would swing by in 45 minutes to drop off the two quilts.

So now the two quilts are with another local quilter. The goal is to have it ready for me by April 12th, 2013. We'll see what will happen.

Stay tuned for the final product soon.

Here's a sneak peak of it when it was laid out (not pieced together yet).

Quilt & Bitch


regan said...

That is unbelievable! I'm so glad you took your quilts from her. She can't be trusted! I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this next gal......good luck!

Quilt+Bitch said...

Thank you. This other lady runs her own long arm quilting shop where she teaches classes, so she will always be at the shop. I have faith in this quilter because she is part of a guild I am with and was a referral. My fingers and toes are crossed too.

p00lriah said...

glad you got the quilts back. that lady sounded like full of s**.

Quilt+Bitch said...

Yes she is full of s**. I am glad at the last minute decision I made. I really doubt that I would have gotten it back this last Tuesday. Because she said she would "try".