Monday, June 3, 2013

Quilt Show :: Quilters' Connection 2013

June 3 2013,

This weekend, The Quilters' Connection had their annual quilt show. As always, the show was spectacular. Here are just a few of my favorite pieces, in no particular order.

"I Still Love You, Warts and All", Gladys A. Perkins

"Kelp Forest", Rosemary Hoffenberg

"Revolution II", Nancy Howard

"The Secret Garden, Spring", Atara Halpern

"Doorways", Sharon G. Monahan

"Basket -1", Beatriz Grayson

"Rain - San Marco", Stephanie Shore

"Waves", Stephanie Shore

"Cities", Rita Alesi

"Pa Kua", Donna Morales-Oemig

"Helen's Flower", Kathy Warren

"Red Hair Lady", Elaine Stone

"Just Around the Curve - Bonus Pattern in Blues", Linda Ramrath


"Koi Allusion", Carol Durand


"Waterfire", Sandy Gregg

"Whale Watch", Rosemary Hoffenberg

"Tulips on Mass Ave", Susan Stemporzewski

Wild Ravenworld, Betsy Abbott

"Eat Your Peas III", Sandy Gregg
Below are my quilts being hang in the theater section. Once again, I got prime real estate for the show. Woo hoo! I got a lot of compliments for these two quilts. One lady asked me who I was studying under. I looked at her blankly and said, "um... no one."

Even though these two quilts did not sell, what an ego booster this quilt show was.

"Hummingbird 1" Quilt & Bitch

Back of "Hummingbird 1" Quilt & Bitch

"Hummingbird 2" Quilt & Bitch

Back of "Hummingbird 2" Quilt & Bitch

On another note, remember last year when I sold only 5 wine bags out of 73 wine bags? This year I was a little bit more successful.

I sold 9 wine bags (out of 13).
I sold all my place mats (16 total).
I sold 3 trivets (out of 6).
I sold 2 coasters (out of 3).

Not bad after all.

Next year, I'll be bringing a lot of place mats because they only had one left after the first day.

I really did not have high expectations on selling anything, so I made things that we could use around the house. Boy, was I wrong. Better start now for next year's boutique.

Quilt & Bitch

2 comments:

omgwtf said...

CONGRATS on selling so much stuff! :-)

Quilt+Bitch said...

Thank you thank you!