Monday, September 9, 2013

Quilt Show :: Lowell Quilt Festival 2013

September 9 2013,

The Lowell Quilt Festival happened on August 8 - 10, 2013.

This festival is a judged and juried show. This past show, I submitted three quilts, Falling in Love, Circles of Heaven, and Sunburst. Stupidly, I forgot to take pictures of the quilts in the show. I learnt from the critiques was that I need to work on my binding and make my pieces more precise. Also that my hand applique and quilting were "well done" and "very good". This being my first judged and juried show, I am proud of myself to show to the world my quilts.

Below are a few of my favorites from the show in no particular order.

Dancette, by Susan Suhre, Mohnton, PA, Machine pieced, appliqued, and quilted.

Batik Scrappy Stars, by Seabreeze Quilt Guilde, Exeter, NH, Machine pieced and quilted
Top made by Lynne Geary, Quilted by Terry Gelinas

Detail of Persephone, by Marilyn Belford, Chenango Forks, NY
 Visit her at www.marilynbelford.com/

Alpine Tunnel, by Allison Wilbur, Barrington, RI, Machine pieced and quilted
Visit her at allisonwilburquilts.com/wp/

Ruffled Roses, by Waylside Quilters Guild, Sudbury, MA, Hand appliqued; machine pieced and quilted
Top by Jane Harris, Quilted by Pam Gondola

Cosmati Rings, by Alice Means, Bolton, CT
Machine pieced, bobbin work quilting and embroidery machine quilting
Won for Exemplary Piecing, and Honorable Mention - Wall Pieced

Green Miles, by Peggy Kragnes, Machine pieced and hand guided quilted
Won First Place for Bed Pieced and Overall Exemplary Design

Gilding the Arbor, by Bethanne Nemesh, Allentown, PA, Machine pieced and quilted
Visit her at www.whitearborquilting.com/
Won first place for Wall Pieced
 The quilt below won Best of Show. It is absolutely spectacular!
Zen Garden, by Margaret Solomon Gunn, Hand appliqued, machine pieced and quilted; crystals
Visit her at www.mainelyquiltsoflove.com/main/
All the quilts that won ribbon or ribbons are absolutely spectacular.

I will now start working on my making better bindings and being more precise in my piecing.

For me quilting is a journey, and from each quilt that is made, I make sure I learn something from it.

Happy quilting,
Quilt & Bitch

No comments: