Monday, September 1, 2014

Pulling Weeds

September 1 2014,

OMG, I answered an ad on Craig's List today. It said, "Help doing yard work needed in XXX town today 10-1 (weeding, yard cleanup).

This was the next town over, approximately 10 minutes away. I wasn't doing anything exciting, hubby was still asleep, so I answered the ad. Emailed hubby telling him that I went to the next town over to weed. Told him to look at my email in case I don't come back home in a few hours (hey, you never know what crazy people are out there).

The next thing I knew I was on my hands and knees pulling out weeds.

I can't believe it - I am actually getting paid doing something I enjoy doing. For 2 hours I weeded and overdosed on Vitamin D. Unfortunately it was hot and muggy. Fortunately we had a good amount of rain the night before, so it made weeding easier.

Fast forward to six hours later, I get another email from the guy asking if I was interested in helping him with yard work 6 - 8 hours a week. I crazily said yes.

It's a small gig, I'm a pro at weeding - I can set my own hours - knowing me, the weeding will be done in a week - and he won't need me till next spring.

Call me crazy - but have you ever heard of someone actually enjoying weeding?

Quilt & Bitch

No comments: