Monday, March 5, 2018

'Nuf Said :: Snoozing on the Job

March 5, 2018
 

I hate it when I wake up from a nightmare.

I woke up from a dream about my quilt guild. Of all things, my quilt guild.

Our nomination for the guild is coming up in May. In the dream, this one person did not like the way I was changing things, and she brute force me off the presidency and called me incompetent.

The board did not allow this, but agreed that she could become Vice President for next year. With a vote, I kept my Presidency, and she got her Vice President position - and she was to be President next year. (Note, this is not how the guild runs the slate of officers).

Oh it was so weird.

I am not power hungry - I would love for someone to take over this leadership. I've made a commitment to two years (it'll be the end of my first year in August 2018). The thought of being called incompetent bothered me the most.

I think I'm overworked and underpaid (this is a volunteer job where I can put in 10 hours or more a week ).

Quilt & Bitch

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I truly appreciate for all you have done for QC and myself. Keep your spirit high please!!!