Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Show + Tell :: Space

April 24 2018,

Spring is a time for celebration. We have graduations and birthdays.

Thus, the machine and the machine operator have been overworked and underpaid.

Below is one for Brandon, our God son who is turning 6 in a month or so. This is a fabric that I bought 2 years ago. The fabric is designed by Howard Robinson for Elizabeth's Studio and called "In Space Planets". As soon as I saw this fabric, I knew I had to have it. Below is the end result.

This combines my fine line piecing method, but here, the skinny lines were not so skinny. But in comparison to the fabric next to it, it was skinny. I decided to break the quilt with some other solids and printed fabrics to make it less boring.

By the time I had to make the label for the quilt, my creativity checked out the door and I named the quilt "Space", how exciting. Maybe if I texted a few friends, they would have been able to come up with something exciting.

Front of "Space"

The back of the fabric contains a few extra fabrics and other fabrics that I was bored with and wanted to use up. Please don't tell me you like the back better than the front.

Back of space



Here is Brandon when he was a few weeks old. Happy Almost Birthday Brandon!

Then

Now

Title: Space (for Brandon)
Dimension: Approximately 80" x 91"
Materials: Commercial cotton
Method: Machine pieced + machine quilted
Date completed: 04.2018

Quilt & Bitch

No comments: