Saturday, May 19, 2018

Show + Tell :: Congrats Jack!

May 19 2018,

Two years ago, I had bought the K. Fassett striped fabrics. Two years later, I made a quilt out of the fabrics. This was a difficult quilt for me to make because I did not know how to use the striped fabrics. I spent many hours trying to figure out what quilt to make wit this fabric.

After searching on the internet for a design, I stumbled upon this website. Bingo. With about a month and a half, I decided to cut the pieces on the larger side.

I think it would have been much prettier if the pieces were smaller, but I had no time.

Below is the bed quilt for Jack who graduated from college in December, but is walking this month. Jack's sister received a quilt for her high school graduation a few years ago. Her's was the "Fox Run Nebula".




To sandwich and pin the quilt, I placed it in between the opening of the dining room and the living room. It fit perfectly.


This is the back of the quilt. It consisted of fabrics that I won at my quilt guild auction, also two years ago). 


This yellow and orange fabric also appears in the "Fox Run Nebula" quilt. This is the other half of the fabric that originally came from their grandmother, my mother-in-law.


The quarter square triangle was what I had originally started making 2 years ago, and stopped, because I realized the design was not how I wanted it to be. This was because the stripes on the fabric confused me and made it look busy.  So instead of discarding it, I put it onto the back of the quilt.


Here's Jack with his quilt.



Title: Congrats Jack! (for Jack)
Dimension:106" x 97"
Materials: K. Fassett shot cotton fabrics
Method: Machine Pieced + Machine Quilted
Date completed: 05.2017

Congratulations Jack!

On another note, I realize that the fabrics sit for a average of 2 years before it gets made into a quilt.

Quilt & Bitch

No comments: