Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Sitting Pretty : Museum of Fine Arts :: Part 2

December 6, 2017

** Note: This is the second section of a three part blog **
Sitting Pretty : Museum of Fine Arts :: Part 1
Sitting Pretty : Museum of Fine Arts :: Part 2
Sitting Pretty : Museum of Fine Arts :: Part 3

... and the journey continues.

Next is the Murakami, Tsuji and the MFA exhibit.
If you want the whole experience of this exhibition, the MFA has a great video segment that talks about the art. Click here for the clips.




 

Make sure you read the captions to the art - it is fairly interesting. Here is the video segment from the MFA.


This piece is 35 feet long created in 1763 by Soga Shohaku.



This is Takashi Murakami's version of "Dragon in Clouds". Here's the video segment by the MFA. The title by Murakami is "Dragon in Clouds - Red Mutation: The version I painted myself in annoyance after Professor Tsuji told me, 'Why don't' you paint something yourself for once?' "







Takashi  Murakami - "Kawaii - Vacanves (Summer Vacation in the King of the Golden)". Here is the video segment from the MFA. This piece was so fun. I love the floor, the lamp, the art on the wall. Doesn't this piece just makes you smile?








This one below is called, "I open wide my eyes but see no scenery, I fix my gaze upon my heart".



"Oval Buddha Silver". Here is the video segment from the MFA.



The piece below is called, "Enso: Hachiman - Black Circle on White".



Yes, those are skulls. I just want to peel them, because they look like stickers.




"Lots, Lots of Kaikai and Kiki". Here's the video segment form the MFA.








"Impossible Aim". In the video, Murakami and Tsuji talks about "Superflat". Here's an article about it.





I love this one. "And then, and then and then and then and then / Original Blue" and "And then, and then and then and then and then / Green Truth." When talking to little kids, I have often heard their stories fill with the words, "and then".





"Transcendent Attacking a Whirlwind".







Do you see a quilt in here? Half square triangles everywhere!




Of course the gift shop. We always have to visit the gift shop right?









More to come.

Quilt & Bitch

No comments: