Sunday, December 3, 2017

Sitting Pretty : Museum of Fine Arts :: Part 1

December 3 2017,

** Note: This is the first section of a three part blog **
Sitting Pretty : Museum of Fine Arts :: Part 1
Sitting Pretty : Museum of Fine Arts :: Part 2
Sitting Pretty : Museum of Fine Arts :: Part 3

On a spur of the day, I decided to go to the Museum of Fine Arts. Went to the library, picked up the museum pass, drove to the MFA. Found on street parking, paid $10.00, spent 2 1/2 hours strolling through the museum.

On tap was, "The Summer of Love : Photography and Graphic Design". Groovy baby!



On the floor, the museum placed stickers to direct you to the exhibition. Fun!








I like this piece below. It reminds me of my friend Laura who is also an artist.


The poster below is also awesome, it is printed with metallic ink.





I see a quilt in this orange poster - do you see what I see?




F U!



In one of the many rooms at the museum, I stumbled upon a collection of art by Inuit artists. The exhibition was called, "Follow the North Star". These are Inuit art collection of Estrellita and Yousuf Karsh.

These pieces are beautiful!













This below is my favorite, "Owl Incognito" by Ohotaq Mikkigak.




More to come.

Quilt & Bitch

No comments: