Monday, May 6, 2019

Show + Tell :: Seasons Rhythm 1-10

May 6 2019,

In October 2018, our quilting guild had Elizabeth Busch come in as our guest speaker and teacher. The class she taught was "Your Voice! A Painted Quilt Top."


Painting is out of my element. First, I brought the wrong supplies... so that was a huge bummer. I had to bum off my classmates for the unprimed duck cloth or canvas. We used all Pro Chem dyes and stuff.





Here is my space, all neat and tidy... with no idea where to start.


This is one of my creation.


After the class was done, I had fives 8.5" x 11 pieces.

The quilt show for my guild is next week. I decided to make them into 12" x 12" "masterpieces". So below are the results.











I learned a lot with this project. I learned how to fuse. I learned how to put a quilt on a canvas. I learned how to break a staple gun. I learned that I still don't like to paint.


Quilt & Bitch

No comments: