Monday, August 17, 2020

Puzzles (1 + 2)

August 17 2020,

I have not done a puzzle since forever. This puzzle was picked up at a yard sale many moons ago. Took me a few days to finish. 

When I was doing this I swore that there must be a few missing pieces. Even till the very end, when I had 15 pieces left, I kept on saying to myself that there must be at least one missing piece. Surprisingly, it all came together.

Manufacturer: According to Hoyle, Hoyle Products, Cincinnati, OH
Name: Elvis Presley (#5601)
Number of pieces: 1000
Size 19 1//4" x 26 3/4"


Verdict: It was fun to do. The colors in the puzzles made sorting easy. With the black and white areas, the patterns made the sorting possible. You would have thought that the words "Elvis Presley" in the puzzle would have been easy to do, but I found this part to be hard. The pieces were well made and clicked in well.  

I don't think the company is around any longer. After a little bit of research, it maybe that The Hoyle company is now a registered trademark of "The United States Playing Card Company". I didn't see any puzzles on their website.

Here's another one I really enjoyed.

Manufacturer: Buffalo Games
Name: Charles Wysocki - Labor Day In Bungalowville
Number of pieces: 1000
Size: 26.75" x 19.75"




This came with a poster which was helpful. I found the trees on this puzzle was difficult. At first putting together the houses was overwhelming, but because each house had different shingles, house color, walkways, windows, pathways, chimney, it made it not as overwhelming.

On to the next one.

Quilt & Bitch

No comments: