Sunday, August 9, 2020

Show + Tell :: X's & O's

August 9 2020,

This is a king size bed quilt for friends of ours who got married last July. We gave it to them shy of their one year anniversary. I am so glad that they actually use it.

This was suppose to go to Vermont Quilt Festival 2020, but it was cancelled.

It was made with the fine line piecing method, and the splashes of oranges / yellows are all pieced. I think I have my fill of fine line piecing for a bit.





Yes that's me trying to do an action shot, utter fail.


Here's the back of the quilt. It says, "Marriage is about communication and compromise. She'll be doing the communicating, and you will be doing the compromising."


Title: X's & O's
Dimension: 110" x 100"
Materials: Hoffman Batik M2721-61 (Turquoise), Orange tiny pieces are a variety of orange batiks, Aurifil 50 weight piecing and quilting thread, Hoffman silk batting
Method: Machine pieced + Hand Quilted
Date completed: 07.2020

Quilt & Bitch

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Your quilts are wonderful. Found you through an image search related to East Meets West and very glad I did. Even the quilt backs are fabulous and I feel as if I learned something.

Hope you and yours came through 2020 and 2021 ok.