Pork fried rice. Leftover rice, with peas, chinese barbeque pork, eggs, peas, onions, scallions.
(Above: Pork Fried Rice, not Pok Flied Lice)
Make the rice a day ahead and put it in the fridge. You need approximately 1.5 cups of rice. This will feed approximately 3 -4 people.
- Heat the pan or wok
- Put 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
- Stir fry the onions until soft
- Take out onions and set aside
- Put 1 Tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Dump rice and break it up with spatula or wooden spoon.
I have found it if I squish the rice with force, it will break apart.
- When rice is hot and not stuck together, break three eggs on top of the pile of rice and mix.
(Other recipes have you cook the eggs ahead of time and set it aside, but I prefer the eggs on top of the rice to give it the yellowish color)
- Put 2 Tablespoon of soy sauce
If you think the rice needs more oil, more a little more oil in.
- Put peas and onions and continue mixing for 2 minutes or so.
- Put chopped scallions on top of rice and mix.