Sunday, March 15, 2009

What's for Dinner?

March 12, 2009

Broiled Eel (Unagi) over rice. The eel was bought from a Japanese supermarket frozen, for $4.95. It is very simple to prepare.


(Above: Eel (Unagi) over rice)

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Take eel out from freezer
  • Cut plastic wrapping from eel
  • Place eel on cookie sheet
  • When the oven temperature reaches 350 degrees, put cookie sheet with eel into oven
  • Let bake for 15 minutes
  • And viola, food is ready, serve over rice
Okie dokie, some of you might say, ewww, how can anyone eat eel? Well, try it once and maybe you'll like it.

My history of food is, I eat anything and everything. I'll always try something at least once. I rarely reject food that is placed in front of me.

If you asked me what my favorite food is, my answer is everything. Ok, ok, maybe I do have a few, so here is a list:
  • "Thousand year old egg" over congee (porridge)
  • Jellyfish
  • Apple fish soup
  • Ha Chong (Rice Noodle with shrimp - dim sum)
  • Sushi
  • Avocado
  • Beef Chow Fun
  • Fish with ginger and scallion
  • Pho (Vietnamese noodle soup)
Quilt & Bitch

No comments: