Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Whirlwind

May 21, 2009

Just got back from a business trip to Chicago.

The highlight of the trip was the taxi ride from downtown Chicago to O'hare airport.

There were three of us who were car-pooling to the airport. This taxi driver was nuts, but he was great. My flight was scheduled to leave at 5:00 PM, and I thought, oh plenty of time, until I saw the traffic.

Traffic did not scare this cab driver. Instead of waiting patiently in traffic, he would get off an exit, and jump right back on at the next exit. We did pass a bunch of cars. At one point, when he got off the exit, we went 3 miles on one of the side road parallel to the highway. When he merged back onto the highway, he pushed himself into the merge, not caring about driving etiquette at all. He even drove on the break down lane to pass cars.

At one point, I told the lady who was riding with me that I hope the cops don't catch us, because if would probably cost us 20 minutes.

Everytime the cab driver did his magic by cutting in and out of traffic, my tip for him went up.

We safely got to the airport in one hour and I gave him a good tip for his incredible driving skill.

Quilt & Bitch

No comments: