Saturday, June 13, 2009

And the Winner Is...

June 13, 2009

I am please to announce the winner of "Name That Quilt" is Bethany from Quilted with Love. The title of the quilt will be "Circles in the Sand". She will be receiving these two beautiful fabric bowls. Thanks for helping Bethany.


(Above: Fabric bowl)


(Above: Fabric bowl)

So here is the quilt that I just finished entitled "Circles in the Sand".

This is available for sale on gquilts.etsy.com.

This quilt is definitely my new favorite quilt. Everytime I look at it, it makes me really peaceful.

As I continue on my quilting journey, I have geared more towards eastern / asian design. I started out with patterns from a book that were more hawaiian, where the quilts have a focus on flowers. Since patterns from books are copyrighted and cannot be sold, and because I can't seem to draw flowers, my design have been more geometric. Still the same concept as hawaiian quilting, but a different focus.

I just finished designing one more wall hanging and am just starting to applique it. My goal is to have this done by the end of the summer. Another quilt is in the hand quilting stage.

I always try to have one quilt that I need to applique and another quilt that needs to be hand quilted. This way, when my fingers are all roughed up from hand quilting, I can switch to the quilt that needs to be appliqued.

I have found that each step of the quilting process, whether it be designing, basting or sewing, I find each step to be very meditative. This usually means that I have the T.V. on in the background and I do whatever I am doing.

Stay tuned for more quilts.

Quilt & Bitch

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I'm so excited! You're sure I can't win the quilt? Your quilting and applique look fabulous with the close up shots. I hope you are able to sell it.