Friday, January 1, 2010

The New Year

January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

In welcoming the new year, hubby and I spent it at home eating festive chinese food.

We had, noodles with shitake mushrooms, shrimp with snow peas. and steamed fish.

The noodles with shitake mushrooms was with 1 can of chicken broth flavored with oyster sauce and made into a sauce by combining 2 tablespoons of corn starch and water. I had originally ordered this dish from a chinese restaurant, and realizing that it cost approximately $10 a dish, I was on a mission to figure out how to make it at home.

The shrimp with snow peas is a dish to impress anyone who loves shrimp. The key to the shrimp dish is to buy raw shrimp, instead of the pre cooked shrimp. I was impress with how it came out.

The steamed fish was with the traditionally ginger and scallion sauce.


(above: noodle with shitake mushrooms)


(above: steamed fish)


This dish three dishes did not take long to make. The preparation was the longest, but once you have in prepared, it took about 20 - 25 minutes to cook everything.

As with every new year, I would sleep on the couch till 11: 50ish and hubby would wake up and change the television to a local channel and we will do the count down together. Then after midnight, I would go back to sleep on the couch till hubby wakes me up to drag me to bed.

As for my new year's resolution, I have decided not to formally make any. Why bother when you can't keep it. It only makes one self feel disappointed at the end of the year when it does not get achieved. So be-gone are my new year's resolution! Instead, I will continue to live by the rules that I have made for myself. This can be found in the "Rules I Live By" post created on March 15, 2009.

May the new year bring peace, joy, love, smarter and more respectful drivers, less fatty food, and patience to all.

Quilt & Bitch

1 comment:

p00lriah said...

happy new year!

mmm...shrimp w snow peas...yum...