A few nights ago, we had vegetarian lo-mien.
Here are the ingredients that I used. Note that, if you don't like a particular vegetable, substitute it with another vegetable that you enjoy. I usually use bean sprouts in this dish, but I did not have any on hand.
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 small onion sliced and chopped
- a lot of mushrooms, sliced
- peppers, sliced (green, yellow, red, orange or all four colors)
- one package of lo mien
- oyster sauce
- soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
2. Add the mushrooms and cook it until it is done, approximately 7 minutes.
|This is how the mushrooms should look like when it is done.|
4. Add the pre cook lo mien, and mix it well.
5. When the lo mien half cooked, put in 1 tablespoon of soya sauce and 5 tablespoons of oyster sauce. If you like it more saucy, put in 1/4 cup of water. Continue cooking until the lo mien is mixed in well with the rest of the vegetables. If you feel it is still bland, put in a couple more tablespoons of oyster sauce and mix it it well.
|Vegetable Lo Mien|
Happy Cooking and Eating,
Quilt & Bitch