Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Just Suck It Up

March 7 2011,

"I wish you had told me that I have to put a four digit pin on my phone when I set up the company's email?" the man irritatedly said on the phone.

Rewind back to yesterday evening.

One of our client, their employee wanted to get their work email on their phone. So he called and I helped him set up the phone with the exchange server.

We ran into problems, so I had him call his cell phone provider and gave him the necessary server information.

This morning, an email came through that wrote, "But then there was another glitch, I think connected to the [company] security system."

Turns out that he did not want to have to put a four digit pin every time he accesses his phone. He said that he had to format his phone and start all over to get the four digit pin off.

I held the phone as he bitched and I just apologized to him half ass-ly. As soon as he was done, I said "Thank you, goodbye."

What an ass - he should have read over the company's "Written Information Security Program" instead of bitching at me. Oh well, lesson learned - he will be placed on my "annoying client" list. And when someone gets on that list - things just go downhill for them from this point forward.


Quilt & Bitch


2 comments:

p00lriah. said...

i hope he doesn't lose his phone that doesn't have a PIN!

Quilt+Bitch said...

It would just be bad karma for him if he does. What goes around comes around.