Sunday, January 26, 2014

All Dolled Up and No Where To Go

January 26 2014,

 
It's that time of year again, it's time to clean for the Chinese New Year. This year it falls on January 31, 2014 and it will be the year of the horse. It's coming down to the wire, 5 more days. Most of our worldly possessions are in order and tidied, including throwing out 5 boxes of stuff that we no longer need that we've been carrying around for may years. The house even feels lighter. The last minute cleaning includes mopping, wiping down surfaces, changing and washing the sheets, and cleaning the bathrooms.
 
I have been reluctant to start my next project, so in the mean time, I picked up a quilt that has been neglected. This is a wall hanging that is being hand quilted. It will be a while till this is done. The hand quilting just takes a long time.
 

My next quilt has been mulling in my mind for the last month and a half. I am thinking of doing another rainbow quilt, that looks more like the backs of my quilts instead of the fronts. I am thinking of making my backs the fronts and the fronts the back. Below are a few pictures of the backs of quilts.




Here is what I am thinking the quilt will look like. Can you see how the quilt will look like?

 
As the title indicates, "All Dolled Up and No Where To Go", I have all my fabrics ready, sorted by color. Because of the new year, I decided not to start it until the new year, so that I don't have to clean up the mess that this will eventually make. Pretty aren't they?
 


 

 
 Quilt & Bitch

No comments: