Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Do I have to do the Dishes?

January 28 2014,

This past weekend, I went to a neighboring town for breakfast. I've gone to this place 5 times so far. I went by myself and ordered some breakfast. I was done and the bill came out to $10.30 something. I looked in my purse for my wallet. Low and behold, my wallet was not there.

I panicked.

Crap.

Double crap.

Maybe they'll hold my purse for hostage, my purse is probably worth $100 after depreciation. Maybe they'll hold my library books? I had two in my bag for reading purposes. Maybe a CVS gift card worth $100.00?

Now I remember.

My wallet was sitting uselessly at home in front of my computer. The night before I had taken it out of my purse to buy something online, and had not remembered to put my wallet back in my purse.

I pulled the waitress over and quietly said, "I forgot my purse at home".
She looked at me and said, "Ok, hold on".
She went out back and then came back and said, "What town do you live it?"
I mentioned the next town.
She said, "Write your name and your phone number, and come back with it."
I said, "I am so sorry, I will be right back."

I went outside to the car. I had parked at the next shopping center because I was going to go to the supermarket.

I remembered I had emergency money in the sun glasses compartment. I pulled it down, and counted $3.00. A few months ago I had $40.00 or so, but somehow that disappeared and I was still working on building up the fund. I think the money disappeared when we had the car valeted in New York.

$3.00 was just not going to cut it. Then I remembered I had quarters! I had quarters! I had four rolls I quarters, each roll was $10.00. I have quarters in there so when hubby goes downtown he can feed the meters without having to worry about not having quarters. I took two rolls in and gave the waitress both rolls. it was going to be $8.50 worth of tip, I didn't care. Off to the bank for more rolls of quarters.

This is the second time that I forgot my wallet. The first time was at a gas station after I finished pumping gas. Luckily the guys in there knows me so gave me a credit. It pays to be a regular.

This reminds me of a time when somebody didn't have money and I offered to pay for her. This happened in a fabric store that I frequented. There was a lady in front of me who bought $5.00 worth of fabric. She had a credit card, but she only had American Express which the store did not accept. There was nothing else she could do. I offered $5.00 to her. She asked for my name and address and said that she would send a check to me. I told her not to worry about it, and gave her my name and address.

Two weeks later, a lovely card which looked like it would have cost her $5.00 and a check for $5.00 came in the mail. I cashed in the check.

Speaking of mail, this this came in my e-mail last week.


I'm in the top 13% of savers! Woo hoo! That's not bad. This includes using expired CVS coupons, email coupons, manufacturer coupons, and weekly ads. Yeah for me. I am not yet an "Extreme Couponer", but I do have 8 bottles of deodorant in the bathroom and 4 bottles of mousse. It's not bad when you can get deodorant for free or for under $1.00. These savings does not include the stuff I buy with hubby's CVS card (you know when they only limit an item to 1 per customer). I'm so proud of myself.

Quilt & Bitch

No comments: