Tuesday, July 1, 2014

When Life Gives You Lemon...

July 1 2014,

When life gives you lemon... you suck on it.


I had a scare last week with my cheek. I woke up with a swollen cheek. That morning, I happened to have a dentist appointment. The dentist took a panoramic shot of my mouth and sent me directly to the surgeon / doctor. I went to the doctor's office, dropped the disk off and made an appointment for that afternoon.

That afternoon - the doctor checked me out and said that it may be a salivary glands being blocked. His solution - suck on sour lemon candy and come back and see him in a month.

Yesterday, I saw a alternative medicine who is a rolfer for my so-called undiagnosed TMJ. This is not for my swollen cheek but for the pains on my jaw line under the ears. The dentist thought it was TMJ, hubby and I don't think it is TMJ. The dentist wants me to try appliances, I said no, because it would just be a waste of money.

This alternative medicine dude - said it was not TMJ, but instead related to the blocked salivary glands. He sent me home with no suggestions but to google home remedies to ease the pain.

So we went googling. We found out that the most effective solution to unblock the salivary gland is to suck on a lemon.

So I'm sucking... literally.

Quilt & Bitch

No comments: