Ok. Ok. Just one more quilt for this month of April.
So this is a baby quilt for a friend who is expecting a baby girl in the near future. I asked her what color she wanted the quilt to be. Her answer was "rainbow". She stopped and then continued to explain not to take the literal sense of rainbow - but rather an assortment of colors. She must have seen the panic in my eyes. So above is the finish quilt, and I think I covered the colors pretty well.
After the top was pieced, I marked the quilt with the clover hera tool. I realized that the line I had marked was not straight. Using my hubby's laser level - I placed it on the quilt and marked my straight line. When we first bought the laser level - we were hemming and hawing over the price. I said that I could probably use it to square a quilt up, and the price of the laser level justified us purchasing it. We originally bought the laser level to frame our bathroom - yes, studs, strappings and all.
I had such a hellish time with this quilt. As I was connecting the two ends of the binding together, I realized that I had sewn the binding to the wrong side of the quilt. Crap. Crap. Crap. I started taking the binding off - and hubby suggested to just ignore the mistake and to just finish it. As I was reconnecting the two ends together, I managed to twist it. It was not fun. In the middle of it all - I couldn't figure out how to add more strip to the existing binding. If the last sentence doesn't make sense - don't worry - I have completely lost my brain. Note to self - don't put binding on at 5:00 in the morning.
All done. It is not a show quilt - but a quilt with character.
Title: Night Night
Dimension: Approximately 36" x 52"
Materials: Kona Solid Cotton
Method: Machine pieced + machine quilted
Date completed: 04.2017
Quilt & Bitch