Sunday, April 23, 2017

Show + Tell :: Into the Light

April 23 2017,

Here is a quilt that's a blast from the past. I didn't make the top. My friend Laura who is also an artist of many mediums, made this top for her boyfriend ages ago.

Laura is the one who did this collage a few months ago.

Laura's collage - entitled - "Divorce"
Back to the story. When I say "ages ago" it is defined as approximately 41 years ago. So when Laura was 18, she made this quilt for her then boyfriend in Marimekko prints. OMG. Let me say it again, Marimekko prints. I drooled over the fabrics when she showed it to me 5 years ago.


Now she's moving. She dug it up from her closet and allowed me to finish it. This was about a week ago. Silly me, with nothing (yeah right!) much in my life going on, I tackled this project. Ta-dah all done.

I quilted it with white Aurifil 50 weight thread and approximately 4" apart. Simple, plain, nothing fancy.


I titled the quilt "Into the Light" because this quilt has been forgotten in the back of a closet for many years - and it has finally come into the light. Since she is starting a new chapter in her life, she is also coming "into the light".

Title: Into the Light
Dimension: Approximately 67" x 86"
Materials: Marimekko prints
Method: Machine pieced by Laura + machine quilted by Q&B
Date completed: 04.2017
Quilt & Bitch

No comments: