Thursday, June 29, 2017

Get To Know Me :: Part II

June 29 2017,

Just in case you miss the previous post to this series check out "Get To Know Me :: Part I".
Also, a few years ago I wrote a blog entry about "My Affair With Books".

I enjoy books - truthfully, I enjoy listening to books. Over the past few years, I have been listening to audio books on and off. I have spells where I don't listen to anything for months - this usually coincides with me not producing any quilts. I find that if I listen to audio books while I am piecing or quilting, I get "in the zone", nothing else around me matters.

Below are a few authors in no particular that I have enjoyed listening / reading to.

Janice Y.K. Lee - The Piano Teacher.


Khaled Hosseini - All three books are wonderful.


Kevin Kwan - I am still awaiting for the book "Rich People Problems" to come out in audiobook. Hopefully it will be available soon. It is very light-hearted and funny.


Suzanne Collins - The Hunger Game Trilogy. Interestingly I could only find one copy of this book at the library. It must be in the "Young Adult" section instead of the "Fiction" section.


Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni - I particular like "Oleander Girl"






Jonas Jonasson - I liked the first two books, but I couldn't do the third book. 100-Year-Old-Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared was wonderful, and so was "The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden". If you don't read anything else for the rest of your life, just read these two books.


Kate Morton - All her books are great. It is a historical fiction genre. I get really lost in all her stories.


Jojo Moyes - I enjoyed most of her books, and am awaiting to listen to "Paris For One, & Other Stories".


Jodi Picoult -  Who doesn't know Jodi Picoult? Wonderful author. The first book I read of hers was "Leaving Time". I loved it so much that I started reading her other books. Some of her books are blah, others are fantastic. Her latest book call "Small Great Things" is deep.





Lisa See - I read her books on and off. She writes about China.


David Sedaris - Funny stories. If you can get the audio books it would be better to listen to his books. You'll be cracking up on the floor in no time.


Jan Philipp Sendker - Ok, if you only can read four books for the rest of your life, I would include "The Art of Hearing Heartbeats" and "A Well-Tempered Heart". Well written. The first two books would be the one by Jonas Jonasson.


Jhumpa Lahiri - Deep stories.


So that's my booklist, well actually it is my author list.
Below are additional pictures of what our local library offers to us. We can borrow a lot of stuff.

Below we have puzzles.


 game boards


cake pans


more game boards


usb charger


magnifying glasses


kill-a-watt


and also kindle fire. Isn't it amazing?

Here is what Bill Gates will be reading this summer.

Now go pick a book or listen to a book.

Quilt & Bitch

No comments: