Monday, September 18, 2017

Show + Tell :: Old McDonald Had A Farm...

September 18 2017,

Here's my newest quilt. It is a fun improv baby quilt. I spent a week thinking about it and I started making pieces. Then on Sunday I panicked and realized that I needed this to be done in a week. So on Sunday I finished the top and the back and on Monday spent 3 hours machine quilting it.

I had a hellish time getting it started - but once i had pieces here and there, it was easier to assemble. I worked with big chunks of fabrics so it would go faster. It looks busy, but it works.
Front of quilt
Back of quilt

Detail

Detail

Detail
Here's a blurry picture of my work area. I work on the floor, so I had to do a lot of up and down between the sewing machine, the ironing board and the cutting area. And boy, are my thighs sore today - what a workout!



Here are the different pieces that I had before I started piecing it all together.



Title: Old McDonald Had A Farm...
Dimension: Approximately 42" x 54"
Materials: Kona Solid Cotton and commercial prints
Method: Machine pieced + machine quilted
Date completed: 09.2017
Quilt & Bitch

No comments: