Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Quilt Show :: Blogger's Quilt Festival :: Fall 2017 :: Going On A Trip II

September 19 2017,

I took a small hiatus from Amy's Blogger Quilt Festival, the last time I entered was the Fall of 2015. Then she went to Instagram, which I don't do, so now I'm back.

So this was a fun quilt to make. It uses Kathleen Loomis technique of "fine line piecing". There are three fabrics used here. One is the Robert Kaufman Artisan Batik Model Geoscapes 4, and the other two are the Hoffman 1895 batik fabrics. Yes, those small lines are all pieced into the fabric.

This quilt also won a "blue ribbon" (95 - 97 points) at Vermont Quilt Festival, "Best Graphic Quilt" and "Judges' Award" (Judge Christa Watson). Yes, I'm pretty proud of her.


09.23.2017 - After a bunch of comments about wanting to see the closeup of the quilt, below are close up of the quilt. I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner, silly me!



 Vital Statistics of the quilt:

Title: Going On A Trip II
Dimension: 73" x 84"
Materials: Cotton Batik, Dream Cotton Batting
Method: Machine Pieced + Machine Quilted
Date completed: 09.2016
Shown At: 2017 Vermont Quilt Festival, Essex Junction, VT
Shown At:  2016 Connections Quilt Festival, Nashua, NH

15 comments:

Karen S said...

What an amazing quilt. It is hard from the photo to appreciate all the work that must be in it. I can understand why you are proud of it.

Slice of Pi said...

Such an incredible quilt! Glad you're participating in the Festival again!

TheEclecticAbuela said...

Wow! Amazing work.

scraphappy said...

So many tiny pieces! Lovely.

felicity said...

Stunning!

PaintedThread said...

Insane! I love how this looks. I can see why you're so proud of it.

JanineMarie said...

Wow! And this is such a lesson in how colors interact with each other to read as a different color. Thanks for introducing me to the quilts your quilt is based on, too. Really topical and thought provoking.

Cheryl said...

What an awesome quilt, such a cool idea.

Havplenty said...

Amazing quilt. When I saw the thumbnail photo I truly thought this was a piece of fabric only. Again an amazing quilt.

audrey said...

Wow! Fabulous quilt!

liz said...

Positively stunning! Would love to see it up close!

Tu-Na Quilts said...

Oh, my goodness!! Lots of little pieces. I would love to see a close up of the quilt.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Thanks for the close-ups! I couldn't wrap my mind around how a single piece of fabric would be entered into the Blogger's Quilt Festival. Your piecing on this is INCREDIBLE!!!

Ruth said...

WOW!This is amazing; I can only imagine the work that went into this quilt especially a quilt his large.

SarahZ said...

Very cool!!!