Monday, January 29, 2018

Show + Tell :: Zoo Bound

January 29 2018,

Pardon the interruption while I interject with a quilt that I finished. It's been a while. It's been way too long since I finished a quilt. My last finished quilt was sometime in September of last year - and last year was not productive at all.

This quilt was started sometime in September too, but I never got it off the ground until finally on January 1st, I made a commitment to finish this quilt.

Front of quilt
Back of Zoo Bound

This quilt is for Celeste, our niece who is a super genius. She graduates this June from high school. She picked the animal fabrics. She loves animals and she loves anime. Hubby and I wish her much success as she continues on her education journey.







It was pretty funny while I was trying to square this quilt. I realized that it wasn't squared when I had cut all three sides and the last corner was not a 90 degree angle. Um... thus not square. I measured one long side and another long side, turns out I was off by 2 inches on one side and the other side by 3 inches. Luckily this quilt was not made to look precise - thus I went ahead and chopped off what needed to be chopped off. Not a big deal. Nobody will know except you and me.

I rarely do precise quilts. I don't know how to sew exact. I don't use my quarter each foot. Life's too short to worry about it, I'll worry about other things, like how beautiful I can make my binding. Cray cray.

Title: Zoo Bound (for Celeste)
Dimension: Approximately 72" x 90"
Materials: Commercial prints + Kona Solids
Method: Machine pieced + machine quilted
Date completed: 02.2018

Quilt & Bitch

No comments: