Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Show + Tell :: Untitled

April 2 2019,


This quilt was a recent finished. A lady in the area contacted our quilt guild asking if someone could finish a quilt her mother started but never finished. After months of nobody responding, I decided to use my hand quilting skills and contacted the family.

It was a 60" x 60" traditional wall hanging.

I contacted her and took the project on.

It wasn't too difficult, everything was basted and marked. The middle part was all done. I quilted the outer parts, binded, made a sleeve and a label. All in all in took approximately 25 hours.

In return I asked for a donation to my quilt guild. A check of $100.00 was given to the quilt guild for this work.

This has inspired me to come back to hand quilting.

Quilt & Bitch

No comments: