Sunday, March 29, 2020

Explorations :: January 2020 :: ICA Boston

March 29 2020,

Still catching up on old stuff that I found.

I had the privilege to go to Yayoi Kusams at the ICA (Institute Contemporary Art) twice! The first time was in July with Laura. The second field trip, our neighbors, two doors down had two extra tickets to see the Yayoi Kusama exhibition, thinking that hubby and I would go. I told them I had already gone, but if they couldn't find someone to go, I would be more than happy to go again.

So I did. I didn't take hubby, because he had no interest, and I took my friend, Karen, who loves art.










Just in case you want to make a Yayoi Kusams tentacles, instructions are available on the ICA website.

There was also an exhibition called "When Home Won't Let You Stay: Migration through Contemporary". It was very touching.




Below is a "house". Unfortunately, I can't find information on this on the ICA site, or information on the artist. You can actually walk through this building and the different rooms.





This exhibition below was facinating. It is by an artist name Yinka Shonibare, please make sure you visit his website, his work is absolutely stunning. I love African fabrics.

If you want to learn more about "The American Library" there is a whole website dedicated to it.








I apologize for the blurry text below. This is an interesting mirror by Adrian Piper.


Yes that's me. :)



Quilt & Bitch

No comments: