Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Sitting Pretty :: Dallas, TX :: Part 2

December 20 2017,

** Note: This is the first section of a six part blog **
Sitting Pretty : Dallas, TX :: Part 1
Sitting Pretty : Dallas, TX :: Part 2
Sitting Pretty : Dallas, TX :: Part 3 
Sitting Pretty : Dallas, TX :: Part 4
Sitting Pretty : Dallas, TX :: Part 5
Sitting Pretty : Dallas, TX :: Part 6

... On with the show.

Imagine wearing this piece of costume.




This chair below I love.









We missed the below exhibition called "Waxed: Batik from Java" by one day. That was too bad. Wait till you see the Tjap I got from Indonesia. That's going to be posted sometime in May or so.







Look! Look! I was impressed by the vast collection of things they had for the country of Indonesia. They had three rooms filled with Indonesian artifacts. It was neat to see that - and the artifacts were not clumped up under a broad category like "Indo-Asian" or "Asian" or "Indo-China".




Would you sit in this sofa? Sorry, I forgot to photograph the rest of the sentence on the sign.







Do you see a quilt?





This art / sculpture below is amazing. She is awesome.









A Claude Monet painting called "Water Lilies". I know I am not losing my mind - because I've seen similar rendition of this painting in multiple museums. Turns out that he made 48 different rendition. Good to know I'm not going cuckoo (yet).











I was drawn to this painting because I think it was in my art history textbook back in high school. It may have been in it, it may have not been. I probably still have the textbook somewhere in the attic.



This painting I love. Unfortunately there was another painting on top of it that cast a shadow onto this one. I had to bend over and look at this one closely, similarly to the posture of the people in this painting.



I found the painting below similar to the artist Johannes Vermeer - the one who painted, "Girl with the Pearl Earring".



I wouldn't mind having this painting below hanging on my wall. I love the way the artist played with the light and dark of colors. Absolutely beautiful.


























And finally the gift store. Nothing special.


To be continued...

Quilt & Bitch

No comments: