Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Not fun... Not Fun

April 28, 2009

This morning, my recovered hard drive came back. We plugged it in and copied over files that was not on the server (my bookmarks, miscellaneous desktop items, email archive). So that was done.

Took the hard drive out and hubby asked if he could put another drive into my computer to backup documents that were not on the server (pictures, music, and a bunch of other junk).

In order to do that, we had to shut down my computer.

So down the computer went. Instead of shutting down, the computer restarted back with a blue screen of death. We tried again, still nothing, computer just won't start.

As of right now, hubby is working on it while I am quilting. There's nothing much else I can do. Luckily we do have a clone of my Vista operating system (c:\ drive) so we can just plug that in, and everything would be fine, except for a few things missing here and there.

The real question is, what happened? So he is diagnosing it.

Now, now, don't tell me to get a MAC... in the mean time, maybe I'll go bake some cookies.

*Update 04.28.09 4:00 PM* Computer is back up and running. Turns out it was RAM (memory) that died on me. So I went out and bought memory 4 GB total (now I'm really rocking and rolling). Cross fingers and toes, hopefully the computer does not blow up for the next month or so. For those of you who are techies, hubby will be setting up a RAID array on the primary drive with the OS, which means that if one hard drive dies, there's another one ready to be used immediately. The computer will run just a tad bit slower till the dead hard drive gets plugged back in.

Quilt & Bitch

No comments: