Thursday, August 13, 2009

Piecing Thread

August 13, 2009

Yesterday afternoon I ordered a cone of Aurifil Mako 50 weight thread from Follow That Thread. Total cost was around $34.00, including shipping, and I received it today. Talking about quick shipping.

This cone thread contains 6562 yards of thread. I had bought the same thread from the same lady sometime last year in October at a local quilt show. And I finished the whole cone in 10 months. That's a whole lot of thread for 10 months.

I use this thread specifically for piecing. Occassionally, if the backing of the fabric that I will be quilting is beige, I will use this thread as a bobbin thread. It's the only thread that I will use for piecing because it is almost like silk.


(Above: Aurifil Thread, Mako 50, color code 2310)

Quilt & Bitch

No comments: