Friday, December 12, 2014

Rejected!

December 12 2014,

I got an email yesterday from QuiltCon saying something along the lines that my two quilts I submitted were REJECTED. No really, I'm not at all annoyed or pissed or upset. I wasted spent $60.00 to enter the quilt ($25.00 for membership + $35.00 for quilt entry). Carry on, carry on.

Another rejection came from hubby. We had been working on tiling the fireplace. Measuring, scoring and cutting the tiles. Ever since this fireplace project started, hubby kept on saying something along the lines of, "When are you going to do the fireplace?" This question and / or sometimes statement has been going on for months.

I was hesitant to take on this project so I kept on saying that I wasn't going to do it. And usually what happens is that we'll tackle it together.

Yesterday I knew we were going to tile it. So I asked him, "When are you going to do the fireplace?" He blew up. I then said, "It was a joke. You keep on asking me when I'M going to do the fireplace this whole time, and now when I ask you the same question, YOU can't take it?" So that was that.

He did the fireplace with none of my help. Now every time I look at this freakin' fireplace, it will give me a sewer sour taste. Whatever. For right now, we're not on talking terms.

We'll see how the grouting goes today.

Before tiling

After tiling
 Quilt & Bitch

No comments: