Monday, September 14, 2015

Show + Tell :: I Love Love Love

September 14 2015,

So this quilt was started approximately in May. The creation of this quilt was inspired from the book cover call "The Husband's Secret" by Liane Moriarty. The book focuses on pinks and reds, thus the choice of the fabrics below.

Here are quarter square triangles ready for the seams to be pressed opened.


Here are the 2 inch block pressed opened.


I kept track of them in a show box. I got the idea of making the cardboard separator to keep them in some kind of order.


The beginning of the process. I put the camera on a tripod on top of a chair and took pictures of the progression.









And there's me on my toe trying to fit myself in that area.



I realized I did not have enough pieces, so I had to take a row out. Somewhere, somehow I miscounted.



After the pieces are laid out - I put them on a cutting mat and labeled the column. I placed rules, trims and wood to keep the pieces from flying all over the place.




Below is the front of the quilt. Unfortunately, the camera could not capture the quilt, but it's there. The quilting thread blended in too well.


Below is the back of the quilt.


Below is the detail of the quilting. The quilting was done by Jean Konopacz of JK Threads.

For this quilt, I decided to use two batting, Dream Cotton and Dream Wool. I don't know if I like the effect. It's suppose to make the quilting pop out more. 


And how did I come up with the title? The title came from a text message from a friend whom I had just seen for lunch. She had texted me saying, "I love love love." It turns out that the text was meant for her husband and not me.


Here are the facts:
Title: I Love Love Love
Dimension: 62" x 59"
Materials: Cotton Batik, Dream Cotton, Dream Wool
Method: Machine Pieced + Machine Quilted
Machine quilted by: Jean Konopacz of JK Threads
Date completed: 09.2015

This quilt was also published in a magazine call Simply Moderne. Click here for the write up.

Quilt & Bitch