Monday, November 28, 2016

OMG!

November 28 2016,

Hubby and I were driving back from NY when we receive an email from a lady who was in my quilt guild. She wrote, "Just wanted to congratulate you on having your quilt in the Simply Modern magazine."

My first reaction was yeah, she must have the wrong person. Then I got more and more excited... maybe my quilt is really in a magazine. As you can tell, I had no idea at all. Since I was driving, hubby googled the magazine. We decided to detour to the big craft superstore which was about 5 minutes off the highway. We popped in and popped back out, they didn't have it. Hubby said let's try B&N which was 2 miles away. I had my doubts that B&N would have the magazine, but low and behold they did!

I flipped through the magazine and didn't have to go far, it was like on page 6. And there it was, my "I Love Love Love" quilt taking a full page! One full page! It was simply unbelievable.




Lucky me, B&N was offering 30% off everything.

So there, my first quilt in a magazine. I am smiling from ear to ear. Oh, the quilt was in the article because they were showing quilts from the VQF show, twelve quilts to be exact.

I have a funny story that goes with this quilt. I received a yellow ribbon (88-91 points) for this quilt, I received 90 points. Two out of the three judges did not understand why this was a "modern" quilt. One wrote, "Quilted feathers are not modern + do not enhance this modern aesthetic" and another wrote, "not sure why this is a modern quilt". After the show, I looked back at my entry form to make sure I had checked "modern" as the category, and I sure did. What do you think? Is it modern or traditional or what? I guess now it really doesn't matter, well I guess it does... because a modern magazine included it in their magazine!

Click here for the full write up on this quilt when it was finished.

Vital statistic of the quilt.
Dimension: 62" x 59"
Materials: Cotton Batik, Dream Cotton, Dream Wool
Method: Machine Pieced + Machine Quilted
Machine quilted by: Jean Konopacz of JK Threads
Date completed: 09.2015

Quilt & Bitch


1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG, How exciting for you. Congratulations. Modern or not, I still think the feathers give the quilt a cool swirling motion. And thats how I saw it from afar as I approached it a VQF.