Wednesday, August 10, 2016

What Motivation?

August 10 2016,

Summer's almost over, and what have I accomplished?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing, oh wait, we did finish fixing / painting the two guest bedroom at the end of June. After that, it's all been downhill.

It's hard when one does not feel motivated or want to do anything. It's hard to get up and do stuff. This summer, in comparison to last summer, it has mostly been spent hanging out at home, watching t.v., surfing, specifically stalking Craig's List and cooking. Yes, I have been a bum. But hey, I've found at least three new recipes that I can add to my list of favorites.


This quilt was suppose to be done ages ago. I think I'm about 40% done with the quilting. It's straight line quilting - approximately 1/2" between each column.

I've set a goal for myself to sew at least one line a day. At this rate, I think I'll be done by next summer? I hope it does not come to that. Stay tuned for the next quilt.

Speaking of next quilt. Do you only work on one quilt at a time or do you have multiple projects going on at the same time?

I tend to work on one quilt at a time. But if I was working on another one, it would most likely be an applique piece or a hand quilting quilt where it is done by hand. I can't seem to handle the madness and chaos of having multiple quilts at one time. Yes I do have UFO's, but that's mostly because I take classes and lose interest in that class and don't finish it the project.

Well, hopefully I'll kick myself into gear soon, if I don't, the bitching will continue.

Quilt & Bitch

No comments: